The Terms and Conditions of WEDOS Hosting and Cloud Services
- These WEDOS Hosting and Cloud Service Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as „HCS Terms and Conditions“) form part of the „General Terms of Service of WEDOS Internet, a.s.“ (hereinafter referred to as „GTCs“).
- The use of these HCS Terms and Conditions shall prevail over the use of the GTCs.
- Hosting services include the following services: web hosting (includes NoLimit, Miniweb, or specialized CMS hostings), mail hosting, WEDOS WebSite, WMS service, WEDOS Anycast service, WEDOS Microservices service, server hosting (virtual and dedicated servers), WEDOS Disk services. The cloud services include, in particular, the WEDOS CD service and the WEDOS Cloud service. The boundaries between hosting and cloud services can intersect. Any service offered is provided to the extent according to the selected variant of the service based on the current offer of the Provider.
Details, technical specifications and specific restrictions of individual types of services are always listed on the Provider’s website.
- Web hosting is the provision of space on the Provider’s web servers for the operation of WWW pages on a level 2 or level 3 domain, or with the support of e-mail boxes (so-called mail hosting) for the relevant domain and possibly with the support of databases. This primarily refers to shared web hosting and sharing resources with multiple users simultaneously. This service includes, for example, various versions of the NoLimit service, the NoLImit Extra service, as well as Miniweb, or various specialized CMS hostings).
- Email hosting is the provision of a mailbox service for a relevant 2nd or 3rd level domain. Email hosting can be ordered completely separately or as part of one of the services listed here.
- The WEDOS WMS (Webhosting Managed Server) service is a special form of web hosting, which is not shared web hosting, but web hosting with reserved parameters for each customer. The service may include mail hosting.
- The WEDOS WebSite service is a service that includes a limited version of web hosting (with limited parameters) and the rental of an online website editor, which is used for easy creation, editing and management of simple web pages. The Website Editor contains various ready-made templates, blocks and components that Customers can use to create their own websites.
- The WEDOS Anycast service is a set of services using so-called anycast solutions, where individual sub-services are repeatedly distributed around the world in different numbers of copies. The service is very dynamic and the geographical distribution of the service can vary greatly and change dynamically over time. The service includes individual sub-services based on anycast technology. These include DNS, traffic filtering, IDS / IPS protection, DDoS protection, proxy servers, CDN, VPN. The scope of these services can be dynamically changed over time according to the current offer of the Provider. The Customer is able to only choose certain services that they are interested in.
- The WEDOS MicroServices service is a rental service that is based on the kubernetes service or similar. It is primarily a lease of various services according to the current offer of the Provider. The scope of these services can be dynamically changed over time according to the current offer of the Provider. The Customer is able to only choose certain services that they are interested in.
- The Virtual Servers service is the rental of virtual servers. Virtual servers mean the operation of a server in a virtualization environment, where part of the Provider’s server is reserved for running the Customer’s virtual server.
- The Dedicated Servers service is the rental of a physical – dedicated server for a specific Customer.
- The WEDOS Cloud service is a cloud service that includes the rental of a set of virtual servers that are managed by the Customer and are reserved for the running of the Customer’s services. The Customer is allowed to create their own virtual environment, including virtual servers, virtual networks, their own virtual data centers and their combinations.
- The WEDOS Disk service is the rental of disk space on the Provider’s servers for the purpose of private storage of files, especially backup ones.
- The WEDOS CD service is the rental of a complex of services based on NextCloud technology and possibly other related or similar technologies. The solution provides space for private file storage, including a comprehensive office suite and office solution that can be used as a complete backup environment.
- The contractual relationship continues even after the Customer moves their applications, web pages and other data to another provider and ceases to use the Provider’s services. In such a case, the Customer must properly terminate the service by filling out the notice form on the Customer Administration website or by filling out the contact form which they are obliged to properly authorize.
- Access data (login names and passwords) are sent to the Customer’s e-mail address specified for the service in the customer data when setting up the service. If the password is forgotten, it is not possible to send the password to the Customer again, because the Provider does not register it in their databases for security reasons. In this case, the Customer must set a new password on the Customer Administration website or by sending an authorized request using the contact form.
- The Provider declares that they comply with all necessary legal regulations for the operation of the offered services. The Provider declares that they are regularly inspected by the relevant state administration bodies. The Provider declares that regular audits are performed in various forms (eg security, ISO, financial).
- Web hosting includes the operation of WWW pages for a level 2 or level 3 domain on the Provider’s server. The Customer has a reserved space on the WWW server, on which it is possible to place their WWW pages. The server runs on the Linux operating system, it is possible to use various technologies – such as PHP, depending on the selected service, or its variants. The size of the selected space varies depending on the variant selected by the Customer.
- Depending on the chosen variant of the service, web hosting may also include the operation of e-mail services (email hosting) for the relevant domain.
- Web hosting, depending on the chosen variant of the service, may also include the possibility to order one or more databases. Their number and type are not limited, but the total occupied space is limited. The parameters may differ for different variants of the service in accordance with the current offer of services, which is listed on the Provider’s website.
- Web hosting services are operated on shared servers, ie on those where services for multiple customers are located at the same time. This can degrade service availability and speed due to higher server utilization by other customers. The Provider does not guarantee the speed of web hosting services. If the Customer has higher requirements, it is recommended to switch to a different variant of hosting services (WMS, WEDOS Cloud, Microservices, virtual or dedicated servers).
- The space for WWW pages is unlimited, in some variants. In such a case, however, it may only be used to locate data that does not break the „Exclusion“ section of the General Terms and Conditions. In the event that the Customer purchases a variant of hosting with unlimited space, only the files that are necessary for the operation of the website and the presentation of data (and there is a link to them from the website) may be stored within the given website.
- Web hosting does not serve as a backup or storage space, but only for the operation of public WWW presentations, the Provider offers other services for backups (for example WEDOS CD or WEDOS Disk). The entire website must be located on and operated from the Provider’s servers; web hosting cannot be used, for example, only as storage for downloadable files. The Provider is entitled to delete files whose location in the website space is not justified in the opinion of the Provider.
- In the event of exceeding the limit of occupied space for databases, the Customer is asked by the Provider to correct the situation. The Customer is obliged to reduce the size of the occupied space or to agree on conditions for increasing this space with the Provider. If the Customer continues to exceed the permitted limits, the Provider is entitled to suspend the service.
- The Provider reserves the right to operate only those versions of technologies (PHP, MySQL, etc.) that they consider safe and that do not significantly affect the operation of other customers‘ services. In the event that a version can no longer be operated safely, the Provider reserves the right to terminate its further provision. If the Provider offers older versions of technologies for which security and maintenance updates are no longer issued, the Customer is obliged to modify their scripts so that security holes cannot be misused or other customers‘ traffic cannot be restricted.
- The Provider reserves the right to limit certain functions of the technologies (PHP, MySQL, etc.) in such a way that security cannot be compromised or the operation of the services of other customers cannot be significantly affected. Such restrictions may be imposed at their discretion whenever necessary, but the Provider must then contact the Customer by email within 24 hours. All restrictions and the current status of the technology configuration can be found by the Customer on the Provider’s website.
- The Provider reserves the right to offer new versions of technologies (PHP, MySQL, etc.) only when they deem it appropriate for security and operational reasons and the new version passes sufficient testing by the Provider.
WMS (Web hosting Managed Server)
Logging Customer Requests
Billing and Payments
- The operation of hosting services is paid for in the form of a subscription according to the current price list, which is published on the Provider’s website. The choice of subscription length varies from service to service, but monthly or annual subscriptions are most common.
- After the Customer has ordered the service, the Provider will issue a proforma invoice to the Customer for the first subscription period. Only after the payment of this proforma invoice will the Provider set up the ordered service for the Customer.
- The Provider shall issue a proforma invoice (request for payment) for another period at least 10 days before the expiration of the prepaid period, unless otherwise set by the Customer via the Customer Administration.
- The above rules for billing hosting services shall apply appropriately to the procedures for the billing of cloud services. For some selected services, especially cloud services, it is possible to pay in the form of subsequent payment.
- Selected services (eg WEDOS Cloud, WEDOS Microservices) can be paid for in the form of a short-term lease, which can be paid after a period of time other than a month or a year, most often in the form of an hourly or daily subscription.
Service Variety Changes
- The Customer may, trough the Customer Administration, request a switch to another variant of a specific service, or a change in certain parameters of the service (in accordance with the current offer of the Provider). Changes to the settings are made in the settings of the respective service.
- In the event that the settings of a service cannot be changed via the Customer Administration, the Customer may request changes via the contact form on the Provider’s website. The Customer may request a switch to another variant of a service, the expansion of data space or the establishment or cancellation of another additional service. In this application, the Customer must prove their identity with their login data to their WEDOS customer account. The Customer shall state (in the application) on which date they request the change take place.
- If it is a transition to a higher service option or the establishment of a surcharge service, the Provider will issue an invoice to the Customer for the difference the amount to be paid for the extension of the service until the end of the current subscription period. The extended service will be included in the subsequent down payment invoice for the next subscription period.
- If it is a change to a lower version of the service or a cancellation of the supplementary service, the Provider does not refund the Customer the difference from the amount paid for the current subscription period. The price for the service will be deducted on the down payment invoice for the next subscription period.
- When the service is terminated, the Customer will not be refunded the amount for the unused portion of the prepaid period.
Data Backups and Recovery
Security - Data Security
The Monitoring of Services and Their Availability
Gaurantee of Service Availability, Breakdowns and Downtime
- The Provider guarantees the availability and functionality of hosting and cloud services to the extent specified in this agreement, or for individual services or on the basis of an individual agreement.
- If the service is unavailable due to a failure for more than 1 hour in a calendar month, the Customer is entitled to compensation in the form of a 1% discount for each additional started hour of unavailability, but no more than the amount corresponding to the monthly service fee. This discount is provided in the first month of the following subscription period, which has not yet been paid by the Customer, or by providing the appropriate number of days free of charge.
- The period of unavailability of the system during planned outages is not included in the period of unavailability for which the Customer is entitled to compensation according to the previous paragraph.
- In the event that only a part of the service is unavailable and other parts of the service work at the same time, the compensation will be reduced proportionally.
- The Provider is not responsible for the unavailability of services that are caused by third parties, such as the setting of incorrect routing on the Internet or the failure of some superior third-party systems (such as networks, DNS).
- In the event that the service is unavailable in accordance with the previous paragraph, the Customer is not entitled to any compensation (for example, a discount on the services provided or, for example, a month free of charge).
- The Customer is obliged to build and operate their services in such a way that any technical problem with the Provider or a third party does not affect the availability of the Customer’s service.
Individual SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
Duration of the Agreement and its Termination
- The Contract for the provision of paid services is concluded for a definite period of time, unless otherwise agreed by the contracting parties. The duration of the Agreement is determined by written agreement of the parties or automatically by choosing the length of the billing period by the Customer when ordering the service, in which case the duration of the Agreement is automatically agreed for the same period as one billing cycle. The Contract is renewed in its current wording again with a new billing period for this already existing service.
- Customers are provided with a money back guarantee for selected services for a period of 7 or 180 days. Details and conditions are listed on the Provider’s website.