Terms and Conditions of WEDOS Hosting Services
- These WEDOS Hosting Service Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as „HS Terms and Conditions“) form part of the „General Terms of Service of WEDOS Internet, a.s.“ (hereinafter referred to as „GTC“).
- The use of these HS Terms and Conditions shall prevail over the use of the GTC.
- Hosting services include Web Hosting, Server Hosting and WEDOS Disk.
- Web Hosting is the provision of space on the Provider’s servers for the operation of WWW pages on the 2nd level domain, with the support of email boxes for the domain and the database.
- Server Hosting is the rental of virtual and dedicated servers. Virtual servers mean server operation in a virtualization environment, where part of the Provider’s server is reserved for running the Customer’s server. Dedicated servers mean a physical server reserved for Customer.
- The WEDOS Disk service is the rental of disk space on the Provider’s servers for private storage of files.
- The contractual relationship continues even after the Customer moves their applications, websites and other data to another Provider and ceases to use the Provider’s services. In such a case, the Customer must terminate the service by completing the notice form on the Customer Administration website or by filling in the Contact Form and duly authorizing it.
- The access data (login names and passwords) are sent to the Customer’s e-mail address specified for the service in the subscriber data when the service is established. If the password is forgotten, it is not possible to resend the password to the Customer because the pROVIDER does not keep it in its databases for security reasons. In this case, the customer must set a new password on the Customer Center website or by sending an authorized request to the contact form.
- Web Hosting includes the operation of WWW pages for the 2nd level domain on the Provider’s server. Customers are allowed space on the WWW server where their WWW pages can be placed. The server is running on Linux, it is possible to use PHP technology.
- WebHosting also includes the operation of email services for the domain. The Customer is allocated space on the e-mail server where the Customer can create individual e-mail boxes and access them using POP and IMAP protocols, and can send SMTP e-mails. The number of mailboxes is not limited, but the total space that is occupied by emails is limited.
- Webhosting also includes the option to order one or more databases. Their number and type is not limited, but the total occupied space is limited.
- Web Hosting services are operated on shared servers, ie. those where multiple customer services are located. This may lead to a deterioration in the availability and speed of services due to increased server utilization by other Customers. The Provider does not guarantee the speed of web hosting services. If the Customer has higher requirements, it is recommended to switch to higher hosting services (virtual or dedicated servers).
- The space for WWW pages is unlimited. However, it may only be used for the placement of data that does not conflict with the „Exclusion“ chapter of the General Terms and Conditions.
- Only files that are needed to run the site and present data to and from that site may be stored in the site space. Web Hosting does not serve as a backup or swap space, but only for the operation of public WWW presentations. The entire site must be located and operated from the Provider’s servers, Web Hosting cannot be used, for example, as a repository for downloads. The Provider is entitled to delete files whose location in the site is not justified by the Provider.
- Details, technical specifications and specific restrictions on Web Hosting services are provided on the Provider’s website.
- The Web Hosting data is backed up once a week, or otherwise according to the specific version of the relevant service, while details are always given in the description of the characteristics of each service on the WEDOS website. These backups are used to recover data in the event of a failure of the server on which the services are operated. If the customer requests data recovery from the backup in case the data loss was not caused by the Provider or its technology failure, such renewal is charged according to the current price list.
- Customer Support is provided for the Web Hosting only by e-mail communication or by using the contact form on the Provider’s website, at the time specified on the Provider’s website in the Contact section. Outside this time, only technical supervision and service failures are provided.
- In the case of exceeding the occupied space limit for e-mail services, the Customer is not allowed to receive further e-mail messages (messages are rejected by the e-mail server).
- In case of exceeding the occupied space limit for databases, the Customer is asked by the Provider to correct the situation. The Customer is obliged to reduce the occupied space size or to agree with the Provider on the conditions for increasing this space. If the Customer continues to exceed the permitted limits, the Provider is entitled to suspend the service.
- The virtual and dedicated server operation service includes only the operation of relevant virtual or physical hardware and connectivity to the Internet. This software does not include the operation of any software or any other services. The Customer installs and configures the software on the server itself, or the Provider for payment according to the current price list.
- The Provider is responsible for the functionality of virtual and dedicated servers on the hardware side. In the event of a malfunction, it is required to replace the defective hardware component or replace the entire equipment within 4 hours of the problem location. It is possible to adjust this period to a shorter period by means of a supplementary service according to the current price list. If the Provider fails to remedy the HW failure within the agreed time, the Customer is entitled to 1 month of service free of charge.
- Locating the fault means for the Provider’s technician to determine the exact cause of the problem.
- The Provider is not responsible for the functionality of the software on the virtual or dedicated server and its correct configuration (except for software that directly virtualizes the virtual server hardware). The operating system on the server and all other software components and data are cared for by the Customer or the Provider for a payment according to the current price list.
- The Provider does not monitor the functionality of a virtual or dedicated server (except for the virtualization environment itself). The Customer is obliged to arrange for any monitoring of functionality, condition and availability himself. It also identifies possible hardware failure and reporting to the Provider.
- The Provider may perform weekly backups of virtual servers, but only for the purpose of recovery in case of technical failure or failure caused by the Provider. These backups are not used to recover data on Customer’s request. Virtual server data is backed up according to the specific service version, with details always listed in the properties description of each service on WEDOS. The Customer is obliged to carry out the normal backups of software and data by his own means. The Provider does not perform backup of dedicated servers.
- The Customer is assigned to each virtual or dedicated server 1 fixed public IP address, or another for an additional fee according to the current price list, which can be used on the server.
- It is forbidden for the Customer to use any other IP addresses assigned to him by the Provider or otherwise attempt to interfere with or overload the network communication or the Provder’s network itself. In case of unauthorized use of the IP address, the Provider is entitled to disconnect the server immediately from the network.
- Virtual servers are run on shared servers, ie. those where multiple customer services are located at the same time. This may lead to a deterioration in the availability and speed of services due to increased server utilization by other customers. The Provider does not guarantee the speed of server hosting services. If the Customer has higher requirements, it is recommended to switch to dedicated servers.
- The space of the operating system itself and other software installed on the server is also included in the disk space of the virtual or dedicated server.
- As a virtual and dedicated server service, the Provider offers rental of selected Microsoft products. Neither the operator nor Microsoft offers technical support for these products. Neither the Software nor the license to use it is owned by the Provider or Customer. By canceling the service, the Customer is entitled to use the license. Customer is required to comply with the license terms of the applicable Microsoft product. In particular, it is forbidden to rent, lease, lend or directly or indirectly provide or distribute to third parties such products or to allow such third parties to access and / or use the functionality of software products, to make copies (except for the necessary deposit). The Customer is obliged to destroy any back-up copies after cancellation of the service.
- The Customer is obliged to have his / her virtual or dedicated server set up so that all the necessary applications and services on the server will start correctly during a planned or unplanned restart. The Provider is not responsible for any problems or damages caused by incorrectly running applications or services or incorrect configuration on the Customer’s server.
The WEDOS Disk Service
- The WEDOS Disk service includes the rental of disk space on the Provider’s servers for private storage of files. Disk space is accessible through several protocols for sharing and working with files, details are given in the current service specification on the Provider’s website.
- Disk space is for the Customer’s own use only. It must not be used for public storage, sharing or downloading of files. Above all, it is forbidden for the Customer to publicly place access data into space or links to files in this disk space.
- WEDOS Disk does not include any scripting or programming technology. It is a mere static location of files in a leased disk space.
- The disk space has a fixed size and a fixed maximum number of placed files according to the selected service variant. All that the Customer places in the disk space, including any additional data and files required to operate the service, is included in this space and in the number of files. If the total space or the maximum number of files is exhausted, the Customer is not allowed to upload additional files.
- The disk space may only be used for the placement of data that does not conflict with the „Exclusion“ chapter of the General Terms and Conditions.
- The WEDOS Disk service is run on shared servers and disk arrays, ie. those where multiple customer services are located at the same time. This may reduce the availability and speed of services due to increased usage of the server or disk arrays by other customers. The Provider does not guarantee the speed of these services.
- Data on the disk space is not backed up by the Provider unless agreed otherwise. The Customer is obliged to carry out the data backup through thier own means.
- The data on the disk space is not encrypted by the Provider. If Customer wants to store sensitive data, we recommend encrypting it before transferring it to the disk space.
- The Provider offers only general information and instructions on how to connect disk space to the client’s computer. The client part of the configuration and possible connection problems that are not caused by the Provider are fully managed by the Customer.
- For some Hosting services, WEDOS Disk is provided free of charge. Also, when the Hosting service is suspended or canceled, the corresponding WEDOS Disk service is suspended or canceled (including any complete deletion of data on the disk space without the possibility of subsequent recovery).
Sending E-mail Messages
- The Web Hosting and SMTP Servers of the Provider are forbidden to be used to to broadcast any e-mail messages (eg. newsletters) regardless of whether they are requested (it is not possible to send requested newsletters, etc.).
- A maximum of 500 email messages per day can be sent from the Web Hosting. If this limit is exceeded, sending is rejected and messages are discarded.
- It is not allowed to send e-mail messages directly from SMTP protocol (connection from PHP script to port 25), it is necessary to use mail () function in PHP.
- It is permitted to send up to 500 e-mail messages per day via the Provider’s SMTP server. If this limit is exceeded, sending further messages is rejected.
- The restriction of sending messages from the Web Hosting and via the SMTP server can be increased by the Customer after agreement with the Provider. The legitimacy of this requirement is at the discretion of the Provider.
- The Provider is not liable for any damages caused by the inability to send e-mail messages after exceeding the set limits.
- Virtual Servers and Dedicated Servers can be used for mass mailing under the following conditions:
- Virtual and Dedicated Servers can be used for mass mailing under the following conditions:
– they must be requested messages, so the recipients must be aware that they have subscribed to these messages
– messages must be sent in non-intrusive quantities
– the report must indicate the procedure for withdrawal and the sender must accept and respect the opt-out requests
- In the case of virtual and dedicated servers, the Customer is obliged, upon request of the Provider, to provide information regarding the performed mass distribution:
-how the recipients‘ e-mail adresses are obtained and how the subscription are obtained
– how messages are sent
– how often messages are sent out
– in what amount they are sent out (full amount, sending speed)
– how the recipients can cancel the subscription
– any other information as required by the Provider
- If the Customer performs mass broadcasting of messages, he / she is obliged to do so in such a way as to minimize the burden on the target e-mail servers, eg. by spreading the broadcast in time at reasonably small doses. It is forbidden to perform bulk mailing in one large batch.
- If the Customer sends e-mail messages in violation of these rules or does not provide the Provider with the required information, the Provider is entitled to completely block the sending of e-mail messages to the Customer.
Billing and Payments
- The operation of Hosting services is paid in the form of a subscription according to the current price list, which is published on the Provider’s website.
- Upon ordering the service, the Provider will issue an advance payment invoice to the Customer for the first subscription period. Only after payment of this advance invoice will the Provider establish a customer ordered service.
- The Provider shall issue to the Customer an advance invoice (call for payment) for a further period of at least 10 days before the expiry of the prepaid period.
Service Variety Changes
- The Customer may, through the Contact Form on the Provider’s website, request a change to this service option, expand the data space or set up or cancel another surcharge service. In this application, the Customer must prove his / her login data to the WEDOS customer account. The customer shall indicate in the application the date on which the change is requested.
- If it is a transition to a higher service option or the establishment of a surcharge service, the Provider will issue an invoice to the Customer for the difference between the amount to be paid for the extension of the service until the end of the current subscription period. An extended service for the next subscription period will be included in the subsequent down payment invoice.
- If it is a change to a lower version of the service or a cancellation of the supplementary service, the Provider does not refund the Customer the difference from the amount paid for the current subscription period. The price for the service will be reduced on the down payment invoice for the next subscription period.
- When the service is terminated, the Customer will not be refunded the amount of unused portion of the prepaid period.
Gaurantee of Service Availability, Breakdowns and Downtime
- The Provider guarantees the availability and functionality of hosting services. If the service is unavailable due to a malfunction of more than 5 minutes in a calendar month, the Customer is entitled to a 1% rebate for each additional hour of unavailability, but not more than a monthly (or monthly subscription) fee for the operation of the service. This discount is provided in the first month of the following subscription period, which has not yet been paid by the Customer or by providing an adequate number of days for free. The system unavailability period during planned outages is not included in the time of unavailability for which the Customer is compensated according to the second sentence of this paragraph.
Duration of the Agreemnet and its Termination
- The Contract for the Provision of Paid Services is concluded for a fixed period, unless agreed otherwise by the contracting parties. The duration of the Contract is determined by a written agreement of the contracting parties or by automatically selecting the length of the invoicing period by the Customer when ordering the service, in which case the duration of the Contract is automatically agreed for the same period as one invoicing cycle. The Contract is renewed in its current wording again with a new billing period for this already existing service.
- The Contracting Parties may terminate the contractual relationship by mutual agreement or by unilateral termination. The notice period is one month and starts to run from the day following the delivery of the notice to the other party.