Domain Terms and Conditions
- These WEDOS Domain Services Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “DS Terms and Conditions”) form part of the “General Terms and Conditions of Services of WEDOS Internet, a.s.” (hereinafter referred to as “GTC”).
- The use of these DS Terms shall prevail over the use of the GTC.
- These DS Terms and Conditions govern registrations, transfers, renewals and changes to domain names that are maintained by the Provider, as well as the WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection service.
- The registry is an organization that is responsible for administering and operating the appropriate Top Level Domain (TLD). The term Registry is also understood as the so-called Registry Backend.
- If a Customer registers and manages domains in the name of a third party (domain holder), the Customer is obliged to ensure that these DS Terms and Conditions and any applicable domain registry terms from that third party obtain approval. Upon request, they are obliged to prove this consent, otherwise the domain name can be canceled without compensation.
- The domain holder agrees that their personal data may be passed on to other persons, if required for the management of the domain, and that their personal data may be disclosed in registry information systems (in WHOIS systems).
- The Customer leases the domain name for use from the relevant registry, to which fees are paid for renting the domain. The Provider is the technical administrator of the domain, not its owner or payer.
- Both the customer and the domain holder agree with the applicable registry rules and TLD rules.
- The Customer is obliged to ensure that correct and current information about the domain holder and other contacts and other information as required by the registry has been provided with the domain. Otherwise, the Customer is exposed to the risk that the domain will be canceled due to incorrect data without the right to any compensation for funds or damage caused.
- The Provider is entitled to communicate directly with the domain’s holder about the domain if necessary.
- In the case of a request from the domain holder, the Provider may remove the domain from the Customer’s account and put it in the direct administration of the holder. In this case, the customer is not entitled to a refund of any unused domain fees.
- The Provider offers various additional services for domains. An overview of these additional services is always given in the current price list of domain names or related documents. The Provider is entitled to change the price of additional services at any time with immediate effect.
- The Provider is entitled to change the price for registration, renewal or transfer, or other similar operations with domain names from the next prepaid period, ie from the moment of the next renewal of the service.
- An ordered domain will be handed over for registration only after payment of the respective fees according to the current price list and fulfillment of any other conditions required by the Provider or the relevant register for the specific TLD.
- By ordering or paying for a registration order, the Customer is not entitled to a given domain name. This is only the case after the actual completion of the registration and its confirmation by the Provider.
- The Customer understands that the Provider may request additional documents or other requisites necessary to perform the domain registration, according to the conditions set by the relevant registry for a particular TLD. This may be personal data (personal identification number, personal ID number, date of birth), delivery of an officially verified document, sending a copy of a personal document, consent to other terms, etc.
- Domain registration will only be performed if:
– the relevant registry allows the domain name to be registered
– the domain name is freely available for registration at the time of domain registration, the name is not blocked, reserved or disabled in any way
– the domain registrant has met all the conditions given by the relevant registry
– the relevant registry is fully functional and the domain registration is successfully confirmed
- The domain name that the Customer requests to register cannot be reserved or blocked in any way by filling out the order. If another person interested in the registration of the same domain name previously meets all the requirements for registration, the domain cannot be registered for the Customer.
- The Provider is not liable for any damage caused by the impossibility of domain registration.
- If the domain registration conditions are not met, the order is canceled after 30 days and the customer is refunded any fees already paid, if the status of the order allows it.
- The Provider does not check or verify the legitimacy of the Customer’s application for registration of a given domain name and does not bear legal responsibility for it. The Customer is responsible for any problems or damages caused by a collision with trademarks, a court decision or other obstacles that do not allow the Customer to use the domain name.
- Likewise, the Provider does not check whether all non-technical requirements for domain name registration are met, especially compliance with various rules (for example, other individual registry rules for a given TLD). In case of discrepancy, the domain name may be canceled without compensation.
Domain Expiration and Renewal
- The Customer is obliged to pay fees in time and to fulfill any additional requirements for the renewal of a domain for a further period.
- If the Customer does not meet all the requirements (especially payment of fees for the next period and accepting rules) for the renewal of a domain more than 14 days before its expiration, the Customer and the domain holder are exposed to the risk of cancellation of the domain. The Customer also acknowledges that if the domain is not renewed, the original content may become unavailable after expiration (for some TLDs).
- The Customer is obliged to monitor the expiration date of their domains themselves. The Provider informs the Customer of the impending expiration but is not obliged to do so. The Provider is not liable for damages caused by the fact that the domain expiration notice was not delivered to the Customer.
- A domain will only be renewed if:
– the Customer has fulfilled all requirements for domain renewal well in advance of its expiration
– the relevant registry will allow the renewal of the domain
– the relevant registry is fully operational and the domain renewal is successfully confirmed
– the domain was not yet deleted due to non-renewal
- In the event that the Customer does not respond to the notification of domain expiration, the Operator is entitled, but not obliged, to inform the domain holder directly.
- The ordered transfer of the domain will be performed only if the Customer and the domain holder meet all the requirements required by the Provider or the relevant registry for the TLD. For some TLDs, transfer requires the payment of an administrative fee, a domain operating fee for the next period, entering authorization information or accepting the transfer in another way.
- Domain transfer will only be performed if:
– the relevant registry allows the transfer of the given domain name, domain transfer or changes to the domain are in no way restricted or blocked
– the registrant has met all the conditions laid down by the relevant registry
– the relevant registry is fully functional and the domain transfer is successfully confirmed
- The Provider is not liable for any damage caused by the impossibility of the domain’s transfer.
- If the conditions for the transfer of the domain are not met, the order is canceled after 30 days and the customer is refunded any fees already paid, if the status of the order allows it.
- All changes to the domain must be correctly authorized by the Customer, ie the Customer must prove themselves with the relevant login details.
- The Provider may require additional authorization (for example via e-mail, SMS or sending documentation) for certain changes.
- The Customer may be charged for any changes to domains by the Provider, according to the current price list or by agreement between the Customer and the Provider.
- The process of domain change will start only after paying a possible fee and after fulfilling any other requirements specified by the Provider or the Registry for the given TLD.
- Changes to a domain can only be made if the state of the domain allows them and the registry allows such a change.
Cancelling Requests for Domains
- The cancellation of a request refers to a request by the Customer or the domain holder to cancel or suspend an ongoing registration, transfer, renewal or other change with the domain.
- If the situation permits, such processes may be stopped. The Customer may be charged for the cancellation request by the Provider according to the current price list.
- In the event that the action cannot be undone, Customers cannot claim a refund of the fees associated with the request.
- It is not possible to undo changes to domains if they have already been made. In such a case, the Customer is obliged to request a change to the original data or condition and to reimburse any fees associated with such a change.
- The domain registration or domain renewal process does not allow for the refund of fees for already registered domains and the Customer understands this and agrees that domain registration or renewal is not subject to the legal conditions of withdrawal from a distance contract (distance contracts concluded by the consumer) Therefore, the Customer cannot withdraw from the domain registration agreement if the domain registration was performed before the expiry of the period for withdrawal from the contract by the consumer according to a special legal regulation.
The Operation and Use of a Domain
- The Customer is fully responsible for how their domains are used and what websites and other services are operated on them.
- In the event of a court (or other similar) dispute with a domain, the Provider may, on the basis of a court order or decision (of a similar nature), prevent the Customer from using the domain or make ordered changes. In the event of an ordered change of holder to someone else, the Customer is not entitled to a refund of any fees for not using the domain validity period. Likewise, the Customer is not entitled to compensation for any possible damages caused by restrictions on the use of the domain or ordered changes to the domain.
- The Customer is responsible for the correct setting of DNS records on authoritative DNS servers for a given domain.
- The Provider offers free placement of DNS records of domains on their DNS servers for domains that are maintained by the Provider (as a registrar) and (at the same time) use other services offered by the Provider (for example web hosting or virtual or dedicated servers).
- The Provider is not liable for any problems caused by the failure or unavailability of the Provider’s DNS system.
- The Provider is entitled to delete a domain from the DNS system if the domain does not use the DNS servers of the Provider for 60 days.
- The Provider offers the use of DNSSEC technology only for domains for which it is a registrar, and only in the following 2 variants:
– the domain uses the Provider’s DNS servers, the records are signed with the DNSSEC keys of the Provider, the Customer cannot use their own key
– the domain does not use the DNS servers of the Provider, the Customer must use their own DNSSEC keys
- The Provider is not liable for any problems caused by incorrect settings or technical failures of DNSSEC technology.
WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection
- The Customer is entitled to order the WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection service for their domain name, which allows the Customer’s registration data to be hidden from the public. The extent of hiding individual data varies according to the variants offered and the selected service variant.
- The WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection service is charged according to the current price list. The offered variants are described in their current form on the Provider’s website.
- The Provider is not liable for any problems caused by hiding data from third parties.
- The Provider only offers this service for some domain suffixes (TLDs) in accordance with the rules of the relevant domain registry. In the event of modifications to the rules of the domain registry, so that it is not possible to use the WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection service, the Customer will be immediately informed of this fact, including the procedure (plan) for how the service will be canceled. In this case, the Customer will be refunded the amount for the unused period (rounding the proportional amount to whole months).
- WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection is offered as an additional service for domain names and can be activated at any time. Activation of this additional service is possible immediately during when placing an order for a new domain or transfer of an existing domain with the Provider or with an existing domain that is maintained by the Provider (and where the Provider is the registrar).
- Customer support is only available for domains through the community forum or (in urgent cases) by communication through tickets from the Customer Administration, during work days between 8:00 – 16:00 CET (GMT +1). Outside this period, the proper renewal of a domain or the resolution of administrative or technical problems of a domain cannot be guaranteed, even in cases that may or do directly affect the functionality of the domain.
- It is possible to purchase other types of support for domains according to the current options provided by the Provider.
The Duration of the Agreement and Its Termination
- The Contract is concluded for a definite period of time, for a minimum period of 1 year and a maximum of 10 years. The specific duration of the Contract is determined by a written Agreement of the parties or by the Customer automatically selecting the length of the invoicing period when ordering the service, in which case the duration of the Agreement is automatically the same length as one billing cycle.
- The Contracting Parties may terminate the contractual relationship by mutual agreement or by unilateral termination. The notice period is one month and starts from the day following the notice’s delivery to the other party.
- The deletion of domains, according to the previous paragraph, is charged based on the current price list.