LowCost is a powerful web hosting with good parameters for professionals who do not want to pay for something they do not need.
The parameters are set based on the requirements of popular content management systems and e-commerce solutions with scalability, and customizations.
The performance of 7 PHP threads is set according to our experience and statistics. If you use appropriate caching and optimization, the server can host a WordPress website with tens of thousand visits per day.
The LowCost web hosting provides 10 GB of all-flash HPE 3PAR StoreServ storage with advanced IPS/IDS and DDoS network protection, created by our developers for our needs. The computing performance is covered by 3.7 GHz CPUs.
The service is powered by branded HPE ProLiant m710x servers, located in the HPE Moonshot 1500 server rack. Hewlett Packard Enterprise has developed this solution specifically for giant cloud solutions. The servers are located exclusively in our private data centers. No one else has access to them, and there is increased physical security. We meet ISO 27001 certification (information security) and all GDPR conditions.
Our control panel allows you to conveniently change service settings. Everything is fully automated – from ordering the service, invoicing, starting the service, changing parameters, adding domains to the web hosting, renewing, termination.
Our control panel also includes advanced features that, for example, allow you to manage the service only technically for the customer, while you will not have to worry about invoicing.
Since you do not need the assistance of our administrators to change the settings (you can change everything yourself), you can enter any change into the system yourself and it will be done immediately (if technically possible).
Only community customer support is provided for the service. Of course, reporting and resolving service outages is available 24 hours a day.
If you run into a problem, we have an extensive knowledge base with hundreds of tutorials.
The web hosting includes PHP technology with many supported modules.
PHP versions – 8.0, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0, 5.6, 5.5, 5.4, 5.3
|PHP memory_limit||256 MB|
|PHP upload_max_filesize||128 MB|
|PHP post_max_size||128 MB|
|PHP max_execution_time||30 s (max 300 s)|
|PHP threads|| 7|
Complete web hosting plans overview
You can choose from any supported PHP version. For development purposes you can also rename your file with corresponding extension to launch it with different PHP version:
- .php – default PHP version – set in the web hosting order or changed anytime in the control panel
- .php53 – always PHP 5.3
- .php54 – always PHP 5.4
- .php55 – always PHP 5.5
- .php56 – always PHP 5.6
- .php70 – always PHP 7.0
- .php71 – always PHP 7.1
- .php72 – always PHP 7.2
- .php73 – always PHP 7.3
- .php74 – always PHP 7.4
- .php80 – always PHP 8.0
Aktuální verze PHP, které nabízíme
The PHP version is set in the web hosting order or changed anytime in the control panel.
WARNING! The PHP versions 5.3 through 7.3 are deprecated and not updated anymore. We strongly discourage you from using it. You should use the supported PHP version.
All PHP versions are available among all web hosting services. No need to ask us. All you have to do is to choose the preferred version in the control panel.
There is also a default PHP opcode cache. For PHP 5.3 – 5.4 there is XCache. For 5.6 and newer, there is Zend OPcache.
The web hosting servers are powered by the Linux operating system, there is Apache 2.4 web server with PHP (FastCGI), mod_deflate, and mod_rewrite modules available.
Editable PHP parameters
In the control panel, you can change PHP parameters:
- xcache.cacher (PHP 5.3 a 5.4)
Installed PHP modules
- GD 2.0 with Freetype, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and BMP support
- ImageMagick (no shell – see more)
- imap, imap-ssl
- ionCube Loader
- PDO – sqlite a MySQL
You can also use the PEAR extension, the same way as any PHP script. Upload it to FTP, include, as you need.
Apache parameters, .htaccess file
The LowCost web hosting is powered by the Apache webserver, tuned for the highest security and performance. The LowCost is regularly tested for compatibility with the most used content management systems. We are also in touch with the developer community.
You can use the .htaccess config file to change the server behavior.
- mod_rewrite – create user-friendly URL addresses
- mod_expires – set the HTTPS headers for caching static content in a browser
- creating custom error pages – what should be shown in a browser in case of 404 or other errors
- restrict access to a directory or to whole storage, for all but your IP address
- quick redirect
- access only for logged in users
- creating subdomains
Cache (speeding a website up by storing already processed data)
The caching can be disabled or changed in the .htaccess files. See our knowledge base
- unlimited databases – you can create as many databases as you wish
- available MariaDB storage: 1 GB*
- MySQL versions: 5.6.12, 5.5.30, 5.1.55 (older web hosting services)
- MariaDB version: 10.3.27
- supported storage engines: MyISAM, InnoDB, XtraDB, Archive, Heap (Memory)
- default charset: UTF-8
- all available charsets supported
- phpMyAdmin for DB management
- mysql (PHP < 7.0), mysqli, and PDO PHP modules
- fully automated (create/delete database, set password in the control panel)
- available only through local network (no access from public internet for safety reasons)
See more in our knowledge base.
* 1 GB is a MariaDB storage limit for the LowCost plan. There is no extension to increase it. If you need more space, upgrade to the NoLimit (2 GB), the NoLimit Extra (5 GB) plan, or WMS (1 TB).
The LowCost web hosting also includes e-mail services with unlimited mailboxes.
We created our own mail server solution, based on the opensource technology (Postfix, Dovecot). The cluster provides high availability, stability, and quality. Services (receiving, sending, access) are separated, individual, and fully redundant. A temporary problem of a service does not influence other services and you can continue working.
The only limit is storage – 5 GB is included. The e-mail storage is upgradable up to 160 GB using the optional service.
- sending e-mails using SMTP
- access to a mailbox using POP3 and IMAP
- transfer encryption – SMTPS, POP3S, IMAPS
- webmail – advanced web interface for accessing and configuring a mailbox
- antivirus and antispam, advanced network protection
- automatic responses
- filters, whitelist, blacklist
- catch-all mailbox (store e-mails for non-existing mailboxes)
Settings and limits for e-mail services
- groupware, calendar, data sharing, IM, VoIP not included
- use our Cloud Disk if you need some of the above
See more in our knowledge base.