HTTPS with Web Hostings
Information about the possiblity of using HTTPS, its varieties, using your own certificate.
We offer 2 HTTPS options:
- with Let’s Encrypt certificate using a shared UP address (SNI) – easy to set up, automatic, and free-of-charge security option – recommended.
- with your own certificate on a shared IP address (SNI) – SNI is an enhancement to the encryption protocol that allows you to use a certificate on a shared IP (SNI on Wikipedia).
More information in the knowledge base:
- HTTPS basics (HTTP through SSL) – theoretical information about encrypted and safe access to WWW pages, certificate and private key, certificate authorities
- HTTPS for web hosting – detailed information, activation and setup process
- historical HTTPS option with a shared certificate – free, suitable for your safe access to CMS administration or an online shop, not suitable for visitors or customers
- historical option with your own certificate and IP adress – also suitable for secure access of your visitors and customers to your WWW pages. Before setting up the HTTPS certificate it is necessary to order a supplementary service – Custom IP Address (valid for Webhosting set up before November 2017). We recommend your own certificate on the shared SNI IP address if you have a Webhosting set up after this date.